In this FAQ you will find information on all aspects of freshwater live
plantkeeping (also known as Aquatic Gardening). We also include detailed
information on lighting, algae and snails which may be useful to all
The FAQs owe their existence to the contributors of the net, and as
such it belongs to the readers of rec.aquaria and alt.aquaria.
Articles with attributions are copyrighted by their original authors.
Copies of the FAQs can be made freely, as long as it is distributed at no
charge, and the disclaimers and the copyright notice are included.
- Basics Q&A
- Lots of basic questions answered spanning the whole range of topics from
appropriate fish to heating cables.
- Plant Survival
- A shorter and more narrative introduction to plant keeping.
- Plant Listing
- A descriptive list of most common aquatic plants,
including a ``blacklist'' of false aquatic plants.
- Duration, intensity, and how to make your fluorescent fixture turn on
- The compressed bottle method.
- Substrate Heating
- Why do it, construction hints.
- Mail-order sources, books, magazines, an e-mailing list for
aquatic gardeners, more detailed articles, etc.
Questions and Answers
Return to Main Map